Monday, August 3, 2009

Metamorphasis

For the past few weeks we have been housing some guests: caterpillars, which turn into crystalis', which turn into beautiful monarch butterflies. These guests have been causing me to think so much about our Creator and the way he designed these beautiful creatures to mirror our spiritual walks. Praise be to God that I have turned into a butterfly, that I am a new creation. To watch these insects go in as a caterpillar and emerge a seemingly completely different species is amazing. The same, and yet completely different. And so it is when we become new in Christ. The old is put away and the new is put on. We are new creations in Christ. Washed from sin. Clean as snow. A new life has begun. We are to take wings and fly. To soar with our Savior in the new life he has given with the purchase of his blood. Thank you Lord. For butterflies. For new life. For bringing me into your family, that I may walk with you, serve you, honor you with my whole life.

1 Corinthians 5:17
"Therefore if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation. The old has gone, and the new has come."



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I love you, Kendra :) Such a true true statement - I DO feel like a new creation when I look back at my life before the Lord called me. Ties in nicely with your background for your blog :) Also - in the post above, Emmett looks SO much like Corban and Moriah - so adorable and so much bigger!! And you look GREAT! And lastly, I have those earrings. :)
    Talk soon - miss you! I'll pray for that sleeping through the night thing to happen ;)

    ReplyDelete