Monday, August 10, 2009

Our fancy girl turns 4

Our own little "fancy nancy" turned 4 last week. Hard to believe how fast it has gone. I know people tell you this when you're pregnant..."oh time goes by so fast, blah blah..." and you think, are you kidding? This pregnancy has gone by so slow, I just can't wait for this baby to be here. Or at least that's what I thought when I was pregnant with my first child. And now, even though its only been 4 years, it seems like time really has flown by (those people were right!!). I am aching for time to slow, for my little ones to stay little ones. While I admit, there are days when I wish they could each talk to me in a voice that isn't whiny, or all use the toilet and not have to be wiped, or get their own lunches and clean up their own messes, there is something precious, something so special about your kids being little. And time doesn't reverse. It only travels at an alarmingly faster rate with each passing year. Lord, thank you for my 3 blessings. Thank you for sweet Moriah who is 4 and who this year, came to be your child; adopted in to your family. Thank you for her 4th year. Thank you for what my kids teach me about your love, your grace, your mercy, your strength, and how much I cannot do this life without you. May my life be a living testimony of your un-ending grace. And may my little girl grow to be a humble woman of grace, one who loves you more than life and adores serving her heavenly Father with a passion that can't be stopped.

At any rate, enough of my sentimentalities and rambling, on to some pictures of the party. We had Moriah's 3 oldest cousins come for a dress-up time. Auntie Caroline did the make-up. I did the nails, we made fancy pens with a plume (in true fancy nancy fasion) and ended with a tea party and reading of Fancy Nancy the book. After this took place, everyone else came over for dinner and cake (of course!).
I love making cakes, and this year decided to try my hand at fondant. It was definitely a first-timer looking cake, but perhaps I'll be able to perfect my technique as time goes on. It was super fun!










Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. KENDRA!!!! Such a sweet sweet post :) And your cake looks unbelievably good! I seriously would hire you to make our girls cakes if you were closer! I can't believe you used fondant - how FANCY!! :) Can't wait to hear more about the partay - great pictures ;) oh how I miss you guys so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great party Kendra! I think that your fondant turned out awesome. Way to go! Praying for you as you pour your heart and soul into raising your blessings for the glory of God and pushing them to Christ. It's always an encouragement to me to know that you're also striving for excellence in your walk with Christ as you are sanctified through the daily joys and trials of motherhood. I just finished an awesome book, "Womanly Dominion" and thought of you. It was an encouragement to me.
    Anyway, great job on the party. I'm sure that Moriah loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's confirmed, you ARE supermom. You made a cake with fondant!?!? And it turned out so cute! I thought you had it custom made. Amazing. And, your little guy has still not let you sleep through the night!?!? Ack. I'm definitely praying for a change in that pattern, and for you to feel supernaturally rested with the little sleep you ARE able to get. You poor thing.

    Thanks for sharing your blog with me - I can't wait to keep checking in on your adorable little family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kendra!

    I just found your blog:) The cake looks amazing! You should start a business:) The kids are adorable as usual. The last time we saw Emmett he was only about 2 1/2 months I think. He looks just like Corban now! Anyway, hope all is well with you and the family!

    ReplyDelete