**side note: I tried to include a picture that captured the stage each one was in....some are not great...but you can get the idea...
The talker
Have I ever mentioned how much Moriah LOVES to talk? She seems to know everything about everything, and LOVES to talk. This can be endearing and utterly exhausting all at once. We're thankful she's able to express herself so well, and able to converse in ways her brothers will take MUCH longer (if ever) to do. But sometimes...its really tiring. (=
Moriah loves dressing up, and plays dolls for most of the day. If she's not playing dolls or dressing up in dresses, then she's probably reading books. Not really acutally READING on her own (although we're getting there...), but remembering the story and making some of it up along the way. I've been homeschooling her this year, which has been fun. Its pretty laid back, considering its only preschool, but its been fun to see her progress in different areas, and to be able to incorporate Scripture into each day.
The eater
Corban is our big eater. See the pancakes? 6 of them...that's right...he downed 6 blueberry pancakes that day. I started to get a little concerned when he ate more than Andy, but then just figured he's on a growth spurt?? We'll see how it continues. He wanted 2 sandwiches for lunch for a while too. I thought...GREAT! What on earth will this child be eating like when he's in high school...and how on earth will we afford to feed him? Thankfully we have a while before that happens...right...? Besides eating (that's really not all he does), he loves legos, cars, books, and yes...dressing up and playing babies with his big sister. I recently purchased a fireman cosutme at a garage sale, which has proved to be VERY useful, and made Andy feel much better.
The prince of the night
This one will be quick on Emmett, because he'll be 9 months this week, and I'll post something on that. At any rate, he's crawling (army crawling) like a maniac, pulling himself to standing, and really really really loves to be held. I really need to work on this with him I think. He's a more high-maintenance child. I wonder often how this could be, considering he's #3? Perhaps he just doesn't get enough attention...or at least thinks he doesn't get as much as he needs.... Despite being high maintenance....he really is a joy. Hard to believe how fast time goes. Why prince of the night you ask?? Because we still have yet to sleep through the night...he thinks he owns the night time. For now, unfortunately...he does...
The Coach
As a side note...the picture REALLY does not do Andy justice. He was thrilled I had asked to take his picture (no, not really, if you know by husband...), and agreed to quickly pose, but I just couldn't quite capture him well.
At any rate...he is in full swing with soccer. Fall a wonderful season. We love the weather, we love the leaves, we love soccer and going to games...but its also exhausting. He has games or practice each night and most weekends, as well as a full 10 hour day at work. He is juggling things SO much better than I ever could. He still manages to be the most wonderful husband and daddy anyone could ever imagine. And balances that with being a great employee and coach. In case anyone was wondering...his team is doing pretty well this year, and no (shame on me) and cannot remember their record! oops...
the underwriter
Self portrait of the voice of the blog. Not too much new with me...still loving being at home with our 3 kids and being the wife to one amazing man. Still learning (and will be until eternity) how to be a woman of grace, a mom who knows how to joyfully balance the challenges of each day, and effectively shows others the love of Christ. Moriah, Corban and I are memorizing Matthew 5:14-16 this week. Learning about how we are a light, a light for Christ to others, and what this means practically for us as a family. What I thought would be a great lesson for the kids, turns out is just as practical for myself. Funny how God works like that. And just goes to show you the Bible is completely applicable and relevant no matter the age.

wow, Kendra! so great to hear from you and get to know your precious family through your blog. thank you for sharing! looks like you guys are doing well. give all those beautiful children a kiss from me :)
ReplyDelete