Friday, March 19, 2010

tidbits

Just thought we'd let you in on a couple of tidbits into our life lately....



1. Baby #3 loves Loves LOVES our dog. He loves to lay on him, pat him, hit him with toys and especially open the door to let him in the house. This has become a recent problem due to spring (aka MUD). We have to remember hard to latch the door closed, otherwise we end up with dog and muddy paws inside the house when we'd rather them stay OUT.


2. The little lady in our family recently made a comment I thought especially funny. As I was making dinner in the kitchen, she was coloring at the table in the other room. This was our conversation:

Moriah: Mom, I lost my listening ears.
Me: You lost what? (somewhat not paying attention, as losing things is a common occurance)
Moriah: my listening ears
Me: (more tuned in at this point, and maybe feeling a tad convicted). Really? Why do you say that?
Moriah: Because I keep having to say 'what' all the time.

This is SOOOO true! Its more of a habit, I think, rather than actually not hearing. We've been trying to work at this. To think before we respond, even if its asking to repeat the question. I was hoping her response would be more on the obedience track...but I guess its good to know she's thinking about what we've talked about. (=



3. Corban has some really funny ways to say things. Moriah talked so early and so well at a young age, that we never really experience funny sayings, mis-sayings, etc.. Its so funny to hear the way Corban will say things.
ie:
*he is now "free" (3)
* we are having enchilaBas or mislanga for dinner
*mixing up dinner and breakfast and lunch and snack. To him I guess its just a time to eat, which is wonderful in and of itself
he is also really into this game we have which invloves using a spoon with a suction cup attatched and slapping up ingredients to make a recipe of cookies. He loves it...simply because you can get the "stinky egg" and ruin your recipe. To him...this is not ruining. this is the BEST PART!!



We love our crazy kids. They are really such a blessing. Some days I have to remind myself that more than others...but they really are. And more than anything I am reminded of how much I desire them to know and love the Lord, how much I need to model Jesus to them, and how INCREDIBLY short I fall. And yet....God's grace is sufficient. My constant prayer is that God will give me grace in the mistakes I made, and that they either 1.) won't remember, or 2.) will remember and know I am a sinner saved by the sinless God, and that they too can have the same wonderful grace given to them. Lord, guide them and guide me.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. B-E-A-UTIFUL pictures and post. I love the recap of each of the kids...letting us in on some of the little parts of each of your days. We had a blast with you guys and need to do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra! So excited to see some new posts. Your children are beautiful...and getting so big. Your dog looks rather big as well. How is that going? We had to get rid of Isa...she was too much for us with a baby and Adriel travelling so much. Give everyone a hug and a kiss from me...well besides Andy..you can just tell him hi for me! Love you and miss you so bad it hurts!

    ReplyDelete