Thursday, May 21, 2009

the mini

Andy ran in the Indianapolis Mini-Marathon (a 1/2 marathon...ONLY 13 miles) a few weekends ago. It looked like rain when the race started, but cleared up for a beautiful day. As I had the 3 kids strapped into their places, due to fear of losing one, I got many crazy looks from people. I am sure I looked ridicuouls. A girl who looks like she's 16 pushing a double strolled with a baby in the baby bjorn. Oh well....(= The blessings of having 3 kids under 3. The kids and I watched at the start for him, and then wandered around the city ( a trip to starbucks included) for an hour or so until he finished. He finished in just an 1:29:00. He says it was much nicer to run than the Chicago marathon a few years ago (the year it hit 90+ and had to be cancelled). My sister Caroline and a couple friends also ran, so it was fun to be able to see them at the end too. We also were graciously hosted by my good friend from college and nursing school; Jessie Johnston and her sweet family. The kids loved playing with her girls! Thanks Johnston fam!


Moriah and Noah enjoy a movie


The start of the race


Post race...getting some snacks


Caroline with Lindsay and Verity

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. You're SO welcome! ANYTIME!!!!!!! We love you guys and miss you already! Come again soon :)

    ReplyDelete