Yes, while a bit delayed, Emmett did have a birthday! Due to some sickness throughout our immediate and extended family, his party has been postponed....but we did do a little celebrating with some pumpkin muffins on his birthday. He thought they were great, except for the chocolate chips. Hard to believe a year has passed. Emmett is keeping us definitely busy. He is, I guess "officially" walking...but not all the time. I think I'd like if he would just go ahead and get some more confidence in himself and walk full time. It would make for less carrying around...at least that's what I pictures. Maybe not. He loves to climb and get himself into lots of things he shouldn't. His favorite is standing in the rocking chair by the bookshelf and attempting to lean over to take out daddy's big commentaries....not a good idea....
Emmett...we are so thankful for his little mischieveous, sweet self. I'm thankful for his smile, his temper, his love for activity, his fake crying, his giggles. Time goes by so quickly, and I KNOW I have to treasure these things, even the seemingly difficult aspects of being a mommy. I love my babies, even though it seems these days I can easily loose it with them. Lord thank you for each of them. Thank you for Emmett and his first year. We pray he will grow into a man after God. One who protects and defends the truth, as he was named. May he love God with a passion. And may we be parents who show him what its like to love and live for the One True God.
happy birthday little man!
No comments:
Post a Comment